Applicants may apply to the AME graduate program through the Graduate College website http://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/apply-now
Applicants to the M.S. and Ph.D. programs must submit the following items with their online application in order to be considered for admission:
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an aerospace, mechanical, or nuclear engineering curriculum of a recognized institution of higher education is preferred of applicants to our graduate program. A grade average of "B+" or better in all previous university-level academic work is expected, particularly for coursework undertaken in advanced mathematics and engineering courses. Graduates from other engineering, mathematics, and physical sciences curricula may be admitted provisionally, subject to the completion of any undergraduate courses recommended by the Department.
- GRE general test scores; applicants’ scores are expected to be in the top 25 percentile on the Quantitative and Analytical parts.
- International Applicants submit TOEFL or IELTS scores supporting that they meet the minimum English proficiency requirement in order to be considered for admission.
- Applicants may provide TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination scores. TOEFL examination scores must be dated no more than 2 years prior to the term of application. For the internet-based TOEFL exam, a minimum score of 79 is required for the applicant to be considered for admission.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores are also acceptable and require a minimum composite score of 7, with no subject area score falling below a 6. IELTS examination scores must be dated no more than 2 years prior to the term of application.
Please note that no decisions can be entered on your application until all materials are received, including the 3 letters of recommendation requested in the online application. In order for international applicants to be considered for departmental funding for Fall, your online application must be received by January 1st. If you are applying for Spring the deadline for funding consideration is June 1st of the previous year.
For further details regarding admission and program requirements, see the AME Graduate Student Handbook (Grad Handbook as of March 2015)